Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Foong Tzer <tz...@see-consulting.com> on 2002/11/26 05:26:35 UTC

Servlet Filtering in Struts 1.1

Hi people,

Does anybody remember whether Struts 1.1 beta 2 (or above) has got the
concept of Servlet Filtering (found in Servlet 2.3). A concept example is
found here
http://otn.oracle.com/sample_code/tutorials/fbs/access/concepts.htm

I read some where in the Struts doc which says something like
RequestProcessor.

Assuming Struts 1.1 implements this, I wonder has anyone use it. Some
code snippets would be lovely.

Thank you.
Regards,

  Tzer
  tzer@see-consulting.com

Is J2EE messing up your mind?
http://www.see-consulting.com
--
http://fastmail.fm - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own

Re: Servlet Filtering in Struts 1.1

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Foong Tzer wrote:

> Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:26:35 -0800
> From: Foong Tzer <tz...@see-consulting.com>
> Subject: Servlet Filtering in Struts 1.1
>
> Hi people,
>
> Does anybody remember whether Struts 1.1 beta 2 (or above) has got the
> concept of Servlet Filtering (found in Servlet 2.3). A concept example is
> found here
> http://otn.oracle.com/sample_code/tutorials/fbs/access/concepts.htm
>
> I read some where in the Struts doc which says something like
> RequestProcessor.
>
> Assuming Struts 1.1 implements this, I wonder has anyone use it. Some
> code snippets would be lovely.

Struts 1.1 does not itself use a Filter, because it requires only the
Servlet 2.2 / JSP 1.1 versions of the specifications (filters were
introduced in Servlet 2.3).  However, it is perfectly feasible to utilize
filters in conjunction with Struts if you are running on a Servlet 2.3 or
later container, such as Tomcat 4.x.

> Thank you.
> Regards,
>
>   Tzer