Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Houtzager, Stefan" <S....@zwitserleven.nl> on 2003/05/02 12:41:55 UTC

newbie question: Tomcat examples not available on port 80

Hello,

This is my first contact with your user-group, I hope it's the right one for
this question?
  I installed j2sdk1.4.1_02, jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24, apache_1.3.27 and
mod_jk-1.3.27.dll on win XP Professional sp1, using the excellent guidelines
of John Turner in his HOWTO on Win2000/XP.
  Apache and tomcat work when I test them on http://localhost and
http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/index.html, but when I try
http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html the file is not found. It appears
it is not looked for in the right path following the next line in the
error.log of apache:

[Fri May 02 11:14:54 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
c:/apache/apache/htdocs/examples/jsp/index.html

it should be looked for in a jakarta-tomcat directory. Do you have an idea
what I could be missing? I tried several times to edit httpd.conf, with the
line

LoadModule jk_module c:/apache/Apache/modules/mod_jk-1.3.27.dll it gives the
following syntaxerror:

cannot remove mod_jk.c: not found in modulelist.

with the line

Include c:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/conf/jk/mod_jk.conf-auto

I get a syntaxerror too. However, without the two mentioned lines a
mod_jk.conf file is generated with

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module
c:/apache/Apache/modules/mod_jk-1.3.27.dll
</IfModule>

in it. But I have no idea if this file is used. As you see I am very very
newbie, but very eager to make this work.

Kind regards,

Stefan Houtzager.

De in dit emailbericht verstrekte informatie is vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Het kopieren van of verstrekken aan en gebruik door derden van deze informatie is niet toegestaan. Door de elektronische verzending van dit bericht kunnen er geen rechten worden ontleend aan de informatie.
Dit emailbericht is gecontroleerd op aanwezigheid van computervirussen.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify it to the sender.