Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mohan Radhakrishnan <mr...@cellexchange.com> on 2003/05/27 18:54:15 UTC

Starting subsystems

Hi

   Our presentation tier using struts ends right at the business delegate. I
am aware of the load-on-startup tag. Now if I want to start a subsystem like
my messaging (JMS) server which is very loosely coupled to my presentation
tier I think of the startup class provided by almost all application
servers.

   So when the container starts I start my messaging system that struts
interacts with. What are the options of starting subsystems like this which
are completely separate from the presentation tier. I am not using MDB's.

   If I start my messaging system when the ActionServlet loads ( overriding
ProcessPreProcess for example ? ) then this becomes struts coupled.

 What are the ideas regarding this ?

Mohan

RE: Starting subsystems

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.