Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Reynir Hübner <re...@hugsmidjan.is> on 2003/01/30 15:41:17 UTC

Mod_jk2 config

Hello,

Is it possible to set the configuration of urls to be mapped down to tomcat programmatically, when application startsup or something similar to that ?

I am also wondering if it's possible to map urls that should not be directed into tomcat.
For example I would like all urls that map onto the pattern /* to be delivered with tomcat, but all that have endings such as *.jpg, *.gif, *.pdf, etc. to be deliverd with apache.

Thanx,
-reynir

Re: Mod_jk2 config

Posted by Lajos <lm...@galatea.com>.
Hi Reynir -

Regarding your second question, I put the location of all my images,
css, js files, etc as "/images/*.gif", "/scripts/*.js", "/style/*.css".
I create and populate those directories under Apache's DocumentRoot.
Only the JSP/servlet URLs are directed to Tomcat. That way, when a JSP
or servlet displays a page, all the paths to images, stylsheets and
scripts files will resolve to the server root which is happily handled
by Apache.

Hope that helps.

Lajos

Reynir Hübner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to set the configuration of urls to be mapped down to tomcat programmatically, when application startsup or something similar to that ?
>
> I am also wondering if it's possible to map urls that should not be directed into tomcat.
> For example I would like all urls that map onto the pattern /* to be delivered with tomcat, but all that have endings such as *.jpg, *.gif, *.pdf, etc. to be deliverd with apache.
>

> Thanx,
> -reynir

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL