Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jan van den Berg <ja...@solcon.nl> on 2005/11/01 17:34:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Dynamically insert changed VHost in Apache

Hi,
Everytime I change a VHost I need to gracefully restart Apache for the
changes to take effect. Is there a way (module?) to avoid doing this.
So that a change is automatically deployed without a graceful?

Regards,

Jan van den Berg

Re: [users@httpd] Dynamically insert changed VHost in Apache

Posted by Joshua Kogut <jm...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, my restarts aren't too graceful...

On 11/1/05, Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/1/05, Jan van den Berg <ja...@solcon.nl> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Everytime I change a VHost I need to gracefully restart Apache for the
> > changes to take effect. Is there a way (module?) to avoid doing this.
> > So that a change is automatically deployed without a graceful?
>
> No.
>
> If there is a particular type of change that you make on a very
> frequent basis, there may be a way to do it without editing
> httpd.conf. But you'd need to give more details.
>
> Otherwise, you shouldn't really worry too much about an occasional
> graceful restart, since it is totally transparent to clients.
>
> Joshua.

|| jmkogut ||
email: jmkogut@gmail.com
|| Networking: Where all your problems are category 5. ||

Re: [users@httpd] Dynamically insert changed VHost in Apache

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.