Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Randal Walser <ra...@spacetime.com> on 2000/09/11 17:17:05 UTC

bsf.jar and java extensions

I'm not having any luck calling java extension functions with
xalan-j_1_2_D02 on a Linux box under IBMJava2-13.  I'm getting a

"Call to extension function failed: unable to load language: xslt-javaclass"

error.  I'm certain that both bsf.jar and bsfengines.jar are on my
CLASSPATH, but neither of those jars (in the xalan distribution)
contains JavaClassEngine.  Could that be right?  Doesn't xalan require
it for java extensions?

I downloaded and built a new bsf.jar from the bsf CVS tree, which DOES
include JavaClassEngine, but I still get the "unable to load
xslt-javaclass" error.

Sorry if this question has been asked before on this list.  I just
joined it and apparently all the xml-apache list archives are
presently inaccessible.  BTW, does anyone know if/when the archives
will be online again?  Seems they've been down a long time.

Thanks,

Randal