Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Pa...@capgroup.com on 2003/06/02 09:58:03 UTC

Cache question

Hi guys, I am quite sure this is the right behavior of the cache, but I
would like some clarifications.

1) I read the content of a table and store the corresponding objects in a
Collection.
2) I update the content of the objects.
3) I re-read the content of the table without updating the modified object.
4) Instead of replacing the content of the updated object with the content
stored in the database, the updated object is retrieved a such with its
modifications.

My questions are:

1) Is this due to the internal cache ?
2) How can I ask OJB to retrieve only comitted changes from the database ?
3) If I use a muti-user environnment will each user get the same copy of
the object (i.e. the updated one) even if I have still not store the object
?
4) Does this behavior have anything to do with the optimistic caching ?

Thanks and regards,

Patrick Reyes