Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de> on 2005/01/25 02:48:58 UTC

Nested projects in Eclipse?

I'd like to make some changes in a jakarta commons subproject and
preferrably I'd do this in Eclipse. Now, apparently Eclipse doesn't
like nested projects, just what Maven necessitates. Is there a way to
make both tools happy at the same time?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                       Face reality and stare it down
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        --Jethro Tull, Silver River Turning

Re: Nested projects in Eclipse?

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de> wrote:

> You mean you can work with nested projects or you
> can import the leaf
> subprojects at the top-level? I've tried to import
> jelly,
> jelly/jelly-tags, and jelly-tag/xml and for the
> nested projects Eclipse
> complains that they overlap an existing project.

I can import leaf projects at top level.
( for my use case - pico/nano &  xdoclet plugins
this is suffucient )

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Plugins for xdoclet-2 are released. check it out at:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xdoclet-plugins/
----[ http://www.pribluda.de ]------------------------

Re: Nested projects in Eclipse?

Posted by Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de>.
On Tuesday 25 January 2005 09:23, Konstantin Priblouda wrote:
> --- Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de> wrote:
> > I'd like to make some changes in a jakarta commons
> > subproject and
> > preferrably I'd do this in Eclipse. Now, apparently
> > Eclipse doesn't
> > like nested projects, just what Maven necessitates.
> > Is there a way to
> > make both tools happy at the same time?
>
> I you use mevenide ( mevenide.codehaus.org )  and can
> work with nested projects.
>
> You have first to "maven multiproject:goal
> -Dgoal=eclipse" and then you can import subprojects
> one by one.

You mean you can work with nested projects or you can import the leaf
subprojects at the top-level? I've tried to import jelly,
jelly/jelly-tags, and jelly-tag/xml and for the nested projects Eclipse
complains that they overlap an existing project.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig           Contests between male toads over females are
mailto:michael@schuerig.de     often settled by the depth of the croak.

Re: Nested projects in Eclipse?

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.