Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rogers Reilly <ro...@s-rod.com> on 2006/04/04 04:49:15 UTC

MyFaces Extension Filter breaks ADF's

I discovered this painfully today, thought I'd pass it along.  It seems
that by the time the HttpRequest gets to the ADF Filter, it's input
stream is all tapped out and doesn't contain the file data anymore.  I
stepped through that filter (ADF) forever trying to find the error,
couldn't, and so tried removing the MyFaces Extensions Filter, which
worked.  Didn't feel like wasting any more hours figuring out the how's
and why's, but I'm assuming the Extensions Filter does much the same as
the ADF Filter and then leaves the stream dry.  Since I don't use any
Tomahawk/Sandbox components yet (biding my time until InputAjaxSuggest
is ready for primetime), I'm hoping the exclusion of this filter won't
hurt me.

Side issue- are the ADF-specific incubator mailing lists operating?  I
subscribed and got confirmation to all (both?) of them, but haven't
received any messages.

Re: MyFaces Extension Filter breaks ADF's

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
yes, they're doing much the same.

we'll have to sort this out down the road of the merger.

ADF mailing lists are working, but not much traffic there yet.
Expected to increase quite a bit over time ;)

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at