Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ne...@yahoo.com.tw on 2007/02/07 16:38:17 UTC

Web page refresh problem

Hi,

I am newbie to tapestry. Lately I download the tapestry and try to develop a test project to learn how it works. Now I encounter a problem. I think it is basic; but after searching around the FAQ and mail archive (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/), I do not see any similar problem as mine. So I post it here. Hope some can give me a help.

I follow the Quick Start (http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/quickstart/helloworld.html) page to develop my test project.

The problem is, after refreshing the web page, I can not see any change made to the Home.html, in which I add a few line of Javascript. Even a simple html tag (like button), it won't appear on the web page (e.g., http://localhost:8080/hello/app). However, there is no problem if I create another example.war directly without using tapestry.  For example, in example.war, I create a page named index.html. Then, I add a button, which would appeared after pressing refresh button.

Is it because tapestry maintain a cache state, which might increase the speed of loading web pages?

Environment I use is Jboss 4.0.5 GA, Debian Sarge testing, JDK1.5.x,  Firefox (2.0.0.1)

Thanks your help.

I appreciate it.

Following is the content of Hello.html:

<head>
        <title>Tutorial: Hello World</title>
</head>
 <!-- newly added lines BEG -->
var request = false;
try {
        request = new XMLHttpRequest();
} catch (trymicrosoft) {
        /* for M$ IE */
        try {
                request = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");
        } catch (othermicrosoft) {
                try {
                        request = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
                } catch (failed) {
                        request = false;
                }
        }
}
if (!request){
        alert("Error initializing XMLHttpRequest!");
}else{
        alert("request object obtained!");//test
}
</script>
<!-- newly added lines END -->
<h1>Hello World Tutorial!</h1>

        The current data and time is:
        <b>
        <!-- newly added lines BEG -->
        <input type="button" onClick="alert("xxx!");">
        </b>
        <!-- newly added lines END -->

 您的生活即時通 - 溝通、娛樂、生活、工作一次搞定!
 http://messenger.yahoo.com.tw/

Re: Web page refresh problem

Posted by Daniel Tabuenca <dt...@gmail.com>.
Beware, however..... never use disable-caching=true in production.
Your server will blow up very quickly. I've found even during
development, reloading a complex page several times will cause memory
problems and incredibly slow speed. I'm not sure if this is still true
for 4.1.1. Luckily tapestry 5 will free us from such issues.

Re: Web page refresh problem

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yep.