Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2007/11/09 11:16:46 UTC

Flowscripts - are they cached?

Working with Cocoon 2.1.8 and Tomcat 5 on
a Linux box.  It appears that changes to flowscript
files are not reflected in Cocoon which continues to
work with a previous version.  How do I ensure
that the new version/s are used - without restarting
Tomcat?

(I do not see the same effect on my local machine...
but there I am running Jetty).

Thanks
Derek

Re: Flowscripts - are they cached?

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Johannes

I tried both of those suggestions, but to no avail. (I am not
using cookies.) I found that even when I deleted the file, and
replace it by a new one with a new name, Cocoon continued
to use the "old" version, until a Tomcat restart was performed.

Derek

>>> Johannes Textor <jc...@gmx.de> 2007/11/10 01:08 PM >>>
From my experience the situation is like this:

- if you have an active http session, log out (or delete the cookie
using crl+shift+del in firefox or whatever) and the new script should be
used.

- if you have a "main" flow script file which includes other scripts,
changes in the included scripts are not noticed by cocoon unless you
touch the main script.

Cheers,
Johannes

Posted by Johannes Textor <jc...@gmx.de>.
 From my experience the situation is like this:

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Version 2.1.8

>>> Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> 2007/11/13 03:36 AM >>>
Hmm, apart from the setting mentioned in the cocoon.xconf there
is afaik no other setting. Cocoon checks the last modification date
against the current date. So if the actual file system reports
the correct date and you have ended your user session, the
file should be reloaded.

Btw, what version of Cocoon are you using?

Carsten

suggestion list combobox

Posted by Michel Erard <mi...@corix.ch>.
Hello,

I'd like to use a suggestion list in my application. Is it possible to change the rendering of the suggest combobox? Use an own css?

Regards,

Mike

Re: Flowscripts - are they cached?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Flowscripts - are they cached?

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Thanks Tobia, I will try this.

Derek Hohls wrote:
> I already have a setting looking like this:
>     <reload-scripts>true</reload-scripts>
> Is this what you meant?

Yes.  Well I guess you can try and use the ?cocoon-reload=true request
parameter, which is faster than restarting the whole container.
You can enable it in WEB-INF/web.xml:

<init-param>
  <param-name>allow-reload</param-name>
  <param-value>yes</param-value>
</init-param>

Tobia

Re: Flowscripts - are they cached?

Posted by Tobia Conforto <to...@linux.it>.

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Tobia

I already have a setting looking like this:

    <component-instance class="org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter" name="javascript">
      <load-on-startup>resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/fom_system.js</load-on-startup>
      <reload-scripts>true</reload-scripts>
      <check-time>4000</check-time>
    </component-instance>
Is this what you meant?

Derek

Derek Hohls wrote:
> on this server it did not seem to have any effect, so I was wondering
> if there was some other setting I had overlooked.

There is a setting in cocoon.xconf that might be related:
/cocoon/flow-interpreters/component-instance/reload-scripts

Tobia

Re: Flowscripts - are they cached?

Posted by Tobia Conforto <to...@linux.it>.

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Carsten

That is what I normally do; but on this server it did not seem

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.