Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io> on 2015/07/14 23:09:27 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-26 Add Copycat connector framework for data import/export

Hi all,

Let's start a vote on KIP-26: Add Copycat connector framework for data
import/export

For reference, here's the wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=58851767
And the mailing list thread (split across two months):
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-dev/201506.mbox/%3CCAE1jLMOEJjnorFK5CtR3g-n%3Dm_AkrFsYeccsB4QimTRfGBrAGQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-dev/201507.mbox/%3CCAHwHRrUeNh%2BnCHwCTUCrcipHM3Po0ECUysO%2B%3DX3nwUeOGrcgdw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Just to clarify since this is a bit different from the KIPs voted on so
far, the KIP just covers including Copycat in Kafka (rather than having it
as a separate project). While the KIP aimed to be clear about the exact
scope, the details require further discussion. The aim is to include some
connectors as well, at a minimum for demonstration purposes, but the
expectation is that connector development will, by necessity, be federated.

I'll kick it off with a +1 (non-binding).

Ewen

Re: [VOTE] KIP-26 Add Copycat connector framework for data import/export

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
If I'm counting correctly, this passes with 7 binding and 1 non-binding
+1s. I'll update the wiki and post an initial patch in the coming days!

Thanks everyone for the feedback and for voting!

-Ewen

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sriram Subramanian <sr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
+1. This was long due!

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1. Thanks Ewen!!

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-26 Add Copycat connector framework for data import/export

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding)

Thanks Ewen for taking on something that the Kafka project has long waited
for!

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Jay Kreps <ja...@confluent.io> wrote:

> +1
>
> Super excited!
>
> -Jay
>
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Let's start a vote on KIP-26: Add Copycat connector framework for data
> > import/export
> >
> > For reference, here's the wiki:
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=58851767
> > And the mailing list thread (split across two months):
> >

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-dev/201506.mbox/%3CCAE1jLMOEJjnorFK5CtR3g-n%3Dm_AkrFsYeccsB4QimTRfGBrAGQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
> >

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-dev/201507.mbox/%3CCAHwHRrUeNh%2BnCHwCTUCrcipHM3Po0ECUysO%2B%3DX3nwUeOGrcgdw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
> >
> > Just to clarify since this is a bit different from the KIPs voted on so
> > far, the KIP just covers including Copycat in Kafka (rather than having
> it
> > as a separate project). While the KIP aimed to be clear about the exact
> > scope, the details require further discussion. The aim is to include some
> > connectors as well, at a minimum for demonstration purposes, but the
> > expectation is that connector development will, by necessity, be
> federated.
> >
> > I'll kick it off with a +1 (non-binding).
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Ewen

Neha

Re: [VOTE] KIP-26 Add Copycat connector framework for data import/export

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@confluent.io>.
+1

Super excited!

-Jay