Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kevin Göser <ke...@informatik.uni-ulm.de> on 2004/08/19 13:22:53 UTC

Flickering when panning ALWAYS_DYNAMIC content

Hi,

I'm using doublebuffering, the pan-interactor and a dynamic document. When I
pan the content, and wait for a very small moment before I release the
mousebutton, everything looks fine. But if I release the mouse during the
motion, I can shortly see the the un-panned view before the panned view is
shown.
If I set the document to be ALWAYS_STATIC, the effect doesn't show up (but I
need the dynamic).

Any ideas how to get rid of this?

Thanks a lot,
    Kevin

Re: Flickering when panning ALWAYS_DYNAMIC content

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Kevin Göser wrote:

> Just another question: I was wondering if it is necessary to do:
> setDoubleBuffered(true); (from javax.swing.JComponent)
> as well, in order to have double buffering?

    We do our own double buffering, so you don't want
Swing's double buffering on top of ours.  By default we
shut off Swing's I believe.

Re: Flickering when panning ALWAYS_DYNAMIC content

Posted by Kevin Göser <ke...@informatik.uni-ulm.de>.
Am Freitag, 20. August 2004 16:19 schrieb Thomas DeWeese:
> Kevin Göser wrote:
> > is it a known issue? Or do you need more information? It really doesn't
> > look good. I'm still hoping for some advice :)
>
>     Expect a fix for this shortly.  I had seen this effect very
> infrequently in previous work, but your post narrowed the
> circumstances enough for me to track it down.
>
>     I am resolving some issues with other parts of the commit but you
> should see my commit soon (hopefully sometime today but definitely
> over the weekend).

Great! Terrific work anyways!

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.

Posted by Kevin Göser <ke...@informatik.uni-ulm.de>.
Hi,

is it a known issue? Or do you need more information? It really doesn't look
good. I'm still hoping for some advice :)

Thx,