Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Sabyasachi Biswas <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/27 09:46:25 UTC

Question about baseline topology and cluster activation

Hello All,

While reading the documentation at
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/baseline-topology#activating-the-cluster
, there it is stated "you need to manually activate the cluster the first
time". We are doing it via code thus, ignite.cluster().active(true);. Then
we set the topology by code.

What I forgot is to put in a check if the cluster is already activated and
do not do activation.

Can this lead to issues ? Basically I am trying to find the root cause of
the issue below.

Because when I am restarting two nodes in a four node cluster I am getting
this error.
Caused by: org.apache. ignite.spi.IgniteSpiException: Attempting to join
node with larger distributed metastorage version id. The node is most
likely in invalid state and can't be joined.
at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoveryspi.checkFailedError(TcpDiscoverySpi.java:1997).

After this those two nodes start working again only after a cleanup. My
situation is that I have 4 node ignite clusters with persistence  with
Ignite version 2.8.0. These run in an embedded manner within 4 apps running
in 4 VMS.

Thanks.

Regards,
Saby

Re: Question about baseline topology and cluster activation

Posted by akorensh <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
  What I forgot is to put in a check if the cluster is already activated and
do not do activation.

  If you don't activate the first time then the cluster will remain in an
inactive state and will not process requests to store/read data:
https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/clustering/baseline-topology

 Try using the control script to set the baseline topology:

https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/tools/control-script#adding-nodes-to-baseline-topology

  In your particular case, there is corruption in your metastorage.
Metastorage is data used to keep
  cluster meta information(details about cluster config, operations, cache
setup, etc) Two nodes
  have different data in their metastore, and this is not allowed.

  It is likely you changed baseline topology incorrectly. Read through both
links above to
  make sure the steps followed are as specified.

  If you are able to reproduce it, send a list of steps to do so, the code
you use to set the baseline topology, your Ignite config, and possibly a
code reproducer.

Thanks, Alex