Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2002/01/31 23:17:31 UTC

initializing data in Torque

Hi,

I'm just getting started with using Torque in a Turbine application.

I've learned that I can create database structure in a file "APP-schema.xml"
and use "ant init" to create the database when I deploy the application.

Is there a way to automatically populate the database with initial data?
For example, when I do "ant init" with the default turbine schema, a default
user is loaded into the database.  Similarly, I'd like to load my database
with a small amount of configuration data when I deploy the app.

Thanks, WILL
Forio Business Simulations
Will Glass-Husain
(415) 440-7500 phone