Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Jun Ohtani <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/26 09:12:27 UTC

Increase heap size using UIMA with Solr

Dear all,

My co-worker use UIMA with Solr.
We have two problems increasing heap size and cpu usage.

We have two question.

1. o.a.u.jcas.impl.JCasImpl.loadJCasClasses() call every requests.
  Using UIMA with Solr, we send to request using UIMAUpdateRequestProcessor , Solr(Lucene) create AnalysisEngine instance every requests.
  Maybe AnalysisEngine call loadJCasClasses() methods every request, and load CasType from classloader.
  Why does Solr(Lucene) not cache an Analysis Engine instance?

2. o.a.u.analysis_emgine.impl.AnalysisEngineManagementImpl.usedRootNames increase entry.
  The unique MBean name create  classname and suffix number.
  AnalysisEngineManagementImpl.setName() use HashSet to check unique MBean name.
  Is it better using HashMap(classname, counter) Instead of HashSet ?

Regards

Jun Ohtani