Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Coty Sutherland <cs...@apache.org> on 2022/05/23 19:22:18 UTC

Re: [ANN] ApacheCon NA 2022 in New Orleans, 3-6 Oct 2022, CFP is OPEN!

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 2:53 PM Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> Please remember that the ApacheCon North American conference is still
> accepting presentations until 23 May 2022.
>
> The Tomcat track currently has *zero* proposals, and we were hoping to
> fill a 3-day track.
>
> So please, send in your ideas for presentations!

How are we doing now? I just submitted one with the hopes of submitting a
second, but I think one is about all I can handle at the moment...

RE: [ANN] ApacheCon NA 2022 in New Orleans, 3-6 Oct 2022, CFP is OPEN!

Posted by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID.
Thank you Chris! I'll think about that.

Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
Jon McAlexander
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Asst. Vice President
He/His

Middleware Product Engineering
Enterprise CIO | EAS | Middleware | Infrastructure Solutions

8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
MAC: F4469-010
Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508

jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Jon,

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Jon,

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Jon,

On 5/23/22 16:41, jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com.INVALID wrote:
> Understood.
>
> I'm willing to give it a try if you want to sign me up, but I have to
> do it virtual. Traveling is not possible for me.
Oh. Sorry about that; it will need to be in-person. We don't have any
set up to do pre-recorded or virtual presentations (that I know of) at
the moment.

Thanks,
-chris

RE: [ANN] ApacheCon NA 2022 in New Orleans, 3-6 Oct 2022, CFP is OPEN!

Posted by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID.
Understood.

I'm willing to give it a try if you want to sign me up, but I have to do it virtual. Traveling is not possible for me.

Let me know please.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Jon,

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Jon,

On 5/23/22 15:53, jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com.INVALID wrote:
> I would really Love to have something, but I just don't have the time
> to work on anything like this
You could just talk about something you are already doing. It doesn't
need to be ground-breaking work. Something along the lines of "we are
using Tomcat feature X to solve problem Y at job Z". As long as it's not
an advertisement for your company/product.

I mean... most of the presentations given by committers are like "Here's
how to do this fairly mundane thing like connect httpd -> Tomcat".

> nor do I feel confident enough yet.

I'm sure you'd do fine. It's not a hostile crowd.

> Chris keeps blowing holes in my understanding so now I think I need
> to go and fine-tooth thru the documentation. I really feel I know
> proper "instance" configuration, but now, not so sure. :-=) Maybe in
> an upcoming year when I'm older, closer to retirement age. :-D
The proper configuration it the one that's working for you... especially
if you understand it! If you don't understand youre configuration, you
will be afraid to change anything for the better... or the worse. :)

If it takes you a while to figure something out, you are probably not
alone. You could give a talk on "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love
the Configuration" or whatever. Not everybody thinks the same way, and
hearing it from you instead of (e.g.) me might be better for the audience.

-chris

RE: [ANN] ApacheCon NA 2022 in New Orleans, 3-6 Oct 2022, CFP is OPEN!

Posted by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID.

I would really Love to have something, but I just don't have the time to work on anything like this, nor do I feel confident enough yet. Chris keeps blowing holes in my understanding so now I think I need to go and fine-tooth thru the documentation. I really feel I know proper "instance" configuration, but now, not so sure. :-=) Maybe in an upcoming year when I'm older, closer to retirement age. :-D

Thanks,

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Coty,

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.