Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org> on 2022/02/19 11:32:41 UTC

target install fails with the new tcl.m4

mod_rivet doesn't install anymore after tcl.m4 was updated with the
latest version available from https://core.tcl-lang.org/sampleextension

The newly generated Makefile is not able to correctly locate install-sh

I haven't investigated yet. I guess the it could be fixed in
configure.ac but it usually takes time and it's also a profoundly
unrewarding task dealing with this stuff....

  -- Massimo

Re: target install fails with the new tcl.m4

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@rivetweb.org>.
The issue has been solved in mod_rivet changing the definition
of the variable holding the install-sh location.

The definition contains $(srcdir) which usually is simply '.'

When the target 'install' is run from the directory
$(srcdir)/src the correct location of install-sh is therefore
lost.

I temporarily fixed the issue replacing $(srcdir) with $(top_srcdir) which
is supposed to be an absolute and normalized definition of
the source tree root. The patch has been proposed to the
tclconfig maintainers

 -- Massimo