Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by dlaw <dl...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/23 02:25:17 UTC

redeploy java web service with different class file

Hi,

If I make a change to a java class file which is deployed as a web service,
do I have to restart apache-tomcat to make the change take effect or should
I just be able to deploy the service again?

eg, I have a web service MyService.class which is currently deployed.  I
change MyService.java, recompile, the copy the new class file to the web
service directory where MyService.class is already.  I then run java
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient undeploy.wsdd, then deploy.wsdd, but the
change does not work!  Once I restart apache-tomcat using ./bin/shutdown.sh
then ./bin/startup.sh the change takes effect.

Is this the only way or am I missing something?  It seems a bit of overkill
to have to restart the server...

thanks in advance!