Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Chris <ch...@hmgcc.gsi.gov.uk> on 2007/04/25 12:09:57 UTC

Re: XMLBeans release

Any progress on this?
Do we have an ETA for 2.3.0?

Regards
Chris

Chris wrote:
> [...]
>>> * many bug fixes, including perm gen memory bug
>>>

>>> Changes in v2.0.0-beta1:
>>>
>>> * new store implementation, including native DOM implementation
>>> * Piccolo is now the default parser.XmlOptions.setLoadUseXMLReader
>>

>> (XMLReader xmlReader) can be used when a diffrent parser is required.
>>
>>> * Sample xml generation from an schema file
>>> * New failfast behavior for simple types, more consistent
>>> * EntityResolver is setable in SchemaCompiler
>>> * XPath 2.0 and Xquery support through Saxon
>>> * java 1.5 generics for array properties added to generated source
>>> * Simplified working with substitution groups by adding
>>

>> XmlObject.substitute() method
>>
>>> * "-noVDoc" command-line option for scomp to skip validation of
>>

>> <xs:documentation> contents
>>
>>> * uniform access to the getSourceName() method in Schema Object Model
>>> * Cleaned up schema compilation APIs with a XmlBeans.compileXmlBeans()
>>> * Added error codes and improved validation error messages
>>> * Changed .xsb format and loading strategy to improve performance
>>> * Ability to pass URLs instead of Files for Wsdl/Schemas
>>> * Added option to pass in "##local" to -allowmdef
>>> * Inst2xsd: support for xsi:nil and qname fix.
>>> * adding getCurrentElementSchemaType in Validator for finding schema
>>

>> types of elements with xsi:type attribute
>>
>>> * adding ValidatingInfoXMLStreamReader for PSVI access on
>>

>> XMLStreamReaders
>>
>>> * added Location to streaming validation errors
>>> * Instance 2 schema tool
>>> * Support for arbitrarily nesting <xsd:redefine>s
>>> * New "schema bookmark" mechanism allowing one to tag user data on
>>

>> Schema Object Model entities
>>
>>> * Add ability for XmlSaxHandler to insert bookmarks while loading
>>> * Added a diff utility that compares two jars (or directories)
>>

>> containing compiled Schema types
>>
>>> * Interface and pre-post extensions
>>> * Enabled ValidatingXMLStreamReader to start validating from both
>>

>> current and next event in the XMLStreamReader
>>
>>> * Functionality to retrieve xml validation errors programatically
>>> * Added saver options to not save xml decl
>>> * Added ability to compile Schemas containing references to SOAP11
>>

>> encoded arrays
>>
>>> * selectChildren and selectAttributes for dynamic getters and some
>>

>> wildcard scenarios
>>
>>> * Location in ValidatingXmlStreamReader
>>> * Added a wrapper over jsr173's XMLStreamReader
>>> * Added support for default value in XMLStreamReaderExt interface and
>>

>> implementation
>>
>>> * Adding typed value for QName case in the Validator
>>> * Adding an utility for validation of simple schema types
>>> * Improved the Validator to ofer PSVI info
>>> * Exposed some of the XMLSchema validator functionality in the public
>>

>> interfaces
>>
>>> * Added support for XML Catalog, based on Apache Commons CatalogResolver
>>> * Added XMLStreamReaderExt an extention of XMLStreamReader which alowes
>>

>> getting strongly typed java values from a stream
>>
>>> * Adds support for annotations in XMLSchema

Chris
HMGCC

The information contained in this message (and any attachments) may
be confidential and is intended for the sole use of the named addressee.
Access, copying, alteration or re-use of the e-mail by anyone other
than the intended recipient is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient please advise the sender immediately by returning the e-mail
and deleting it from your system.

This information may be exempt from disclosure under Freedom Of Information
Act 2000 and may be subject to exemption under other UK information
legislation. Refer disclosure requests to the Information Officer.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet Anti-Virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

Re: XMLBeans release

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.
No, not necessary. I have tried it and apparently there are fairly big
changes (why not Saxon 9.0?) so I think it is out of scope to integrate
it with XmlBeans 2.3.

Radu

Re: XMLBeans release

Posted by Chris <ch...@hmgcc.gsi.gov.uk>.

RE: XMLBeans release

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.
Chris,

RE: XMLBeans release

Posted by Cezar Andrei <ce...@bea.com>.
As you might already observed, Radu, Jacob and myself did a quick pass
on bugs that had patches on them. If our time permits, we'll look at it,
but we always appreciate any help.

As for 2.3.0, Radu will make a release candidate as soon as we finish
with these patches.

Cezar