Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Drew Kidder <An...@Tivoli.com> on 2000/10/02 18:27:25 UTC

Additional questions on Tomcat ROOT == Apache Root

I have a slight problem with my servlet, which may be related to this. See
if this is a result of a goofy ROOT setup...

The user clicks on a link looking like
http://host/myservlet?name="myfile.pdf", where the "name" parameter is the
name of the file that they want to download. However, when the file is sent
back to the browser/plugin app, the filename is not "myfile.pdf", but
"myservlet.pdf". The file contents are correct in every way, but the naming
is off. I was able to fix it by setting the Location header in the
response, but that munged up another feature of the servlet (which I posed
questions on here) by doing a redirect.

Is this behavior based on the fact that my servlet may not be set up right
as far as the context and/or root is concerned?

At 09:27 AM 10/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]

------
Andrew Kidder
L3 SW/Support Engineer, IBU
Tivoli Systems