Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shaun Etherton <Sh...@chimo.com.au> on 2004/06/22 02:16:03 UTC

EJB web service and wsdl file method arguments.

Hi,

I have a web service that is implemented as an EJB.
I deploy my web service in JRun 4 and the WSDL file is created for me.

The names in the wsdl file for the args to each webservice method are
described as
  <wsdl:part name="in0" type="xsd:string" />
  <wsdl:part name="in1" type="xsd:string" />
  <wsdl:part name="in2" type="xsd:string" />
  <wsdl:part name="in3" type="xsd:string" />

As I understand it axis uses reflection to discover these argument names.

I also understand that if I use -g to generate debugging symbols on my
classes that the names
should then match the argument names of my methods.

Is it the case that axis uses the remote interface to figure out the names
of the method arguments?

I am not able to get the correct argument names for my methods and I noticed
that the intefaces that are compiled
do not have the actual names for the arguments that are defined in my source
code.
ie) interfaces dont seem to have the meaningfull argument names preserved
even with debugging symbols, which would make sense as they should be
implmented by a class so are not really used for debugging.

Am I missing anything?
What can I do to fix this problem?

I dont want to have to change the architecture of my application as this is
one of the final hurdles in getting my app deployed.

Generating the wsdl file by hand is not an option.

Looking for something like 'put this in your server-config.wsdd' and it will
just work, but any help is appreciated.

regards,
Shaun Etherton - Java Programmer
chimo pty ltd
Level 1, 260 Rundle Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
phone +61 8 8232 9644 fax +61 8232 2531 <http://www.chimo.com.au/>