Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Angie Lin <al...@tivo.com> on 2002/10/23 21:58:59 UTC

MessageResources from PlugIn?

Hi there,

I'm not sure how to to access my MessageResources from  the
init(ActionServlet, ApplicationConfig) method of a PlugIn.   I've
searched the archives, I could only find things related to
MessageResources and ActionForm.  I didn't find anything about PlugIns.

ApplicationConfig has a protected hashMap of all the messageResources,
but since it's protected, it's inaccessible.

Is there another way to get to the message resources?  I'm trying to
initialize some static things and store them into the servletcontext.
 If a PlugIn isn't the best way to go, I suppose I can code my
initialization into a RequestProcessor or an Action but PlugIn seems
like the cleaner solution.

Thanks

--
Angie Lin