Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com> on 2014/08/19 02:07:49 UTC

ECF 3.9 release supports OSGi R6

ECF 3.9 provides a spec-compliant and CT-tested implementation of the
OSGi Remote Service Admin version 1.1, which is a part of the
forthcoming R6 enterprise specification.

For download see [1].  For more info see [2] [3].

Thanks,

Scott

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/ecf/downloads.php
[2] https://www.eclipse.org/ecf/NewAndNoteworthy.html
[3] https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ecf-dev/msg07286.html

Re: ECF 3.9 release supports OSGi R6

Posted by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com>.
FYI:

ECF 3.9.1 has just been released.   ECF provides a distribution for
Karaf [4] implementing the OSGi R6 Remote Services/Remote Service Admin
specifications.

Question for Karaf team:   it's my understanding that the 4.0.0 stream
would support both OSGi 5 (6 also?) and Java 8.  Is that still correct?

Also:  the release schedule [3], has the ETA for the 4.0 stream next
version as 10.14.2014.  I assume that's for 4.0.0.M1?    If so:  when do
you anticipate 4.0.0.M2+ releases?

[3] http://karaf.apache.org/index/community/releases-schedule.html
[4] https://wiki.eclipse.org/EIG:Install_into_Apache_Karaf