Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Li Li <fa...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/19 11:16:45 UTC

solr distributed search don't work

hi all,
     I follow the wiki http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent
but there is something wrong.
     the url given my the wiki is
http://solr:8983/solr/select?q=*:*&spellcheck=true&spellcheck.build=true&spellcheck.q=toyata&qt=spell&shards.qt=spell&shards=solr-shard1:8983/solr,solr-shard2:8983/solr
     but it does not work. I trace the codes and find that
qt=spell&shards.qt=spell should be qt=/spell&shards.qt=/spell
     After modification of url, It return all documents but nothing
about spell check.
     I debug it and find the
AbstractLuceneSpellChecker.getSuggestions() is called.

Re: Solr Replication / Repeater

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
It looks good except for the "repeaters used to each other for replication".
Having the masters use each other for replication implies that you're
indexing data to both of them, in which case you wouldn't need them to
update from each other!

So you really have two choices I think
1> designate one indexing as the master and just have a repeater in
the other data center.
    all the slaves in a data center use the local master as a source.
or
2> index your data to both masters and then the masters don't know
about each other.

Of the two, I like <1> best but there are arguments either way.

Best
Erick

Solr Replication / Repeater

Re: solr distributed search don't work

Posted by olivier sallou <ol...@gmail.com>.
   <requestHandler name="MYREQUESTHANDLER" class="solr.SearchHandler">
    <!-- default values for query parameters -->
     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
       <str name="facet.method">enum</str>
       <str name="facet.mincount">1</str>
       <str name="facet.limit">10</str>
      <str name="shards">192.168.1.6/solr/,192.168.1.7/solr/</str>
     </lst>
  </requestHandler>

Posted by Li Li <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by olivier sallou <ol...@gmail.com>.