Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.net> on 2002/07/05 11:24:19 UTC

Multiple Instances / Second does not serve data...

I am not sure, whether this is a Cocoon core topic, I would say, it is
moreless a Tomcat problem? so maybe anyone has an idea either:

for our test server I wanted to run two parallel Cocoon instances on one
Linux server on different ports:

(1) I made two directories each containing the same tomcat/cocoon version

(2) I started the first one on port 9000 (changed Connector port=9000
and server port to 8005). This one runs, and serves correctly

(3) the second one is set to port 8080 (default) and the server port to 8010

(4) I start the second one.

both seem to run, and I also can shutdown both correctly, but only port
9000 (the first one) serves data (Tomcat, as well as cocoon), to the
second one on port 8080 the browser is connecting (no error message),
but no data is served...

any ideas?

thank you in advance!

Alex

Re: Multiple Instances / Second does not serve data...

Posted by Michael Mangeng <mi...@ideefix.net>.
Hi

Log file - messages?
One common problem is that the hypersonic sql db cannot startup on the
second machine because the port is blocked from the first hsqldb instance.
Search for hsql in the 2nd cocoon.xconf and change the port or deaktivate
the whole db if this is the problem.

greetings
mike

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Have you really changed all ports?

8080 (conf/server.xml)
8008 (conf/server.xml)
8005 (conf/server.xml)
9002  (WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf)

Maybe you want to use "nmap" or some other port scanning tool.

Hope that helps

Michael