Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Cervi, Anthony (PCLN-NW)" <An...@priceline.com> on 2004/11/03 21:46:53 UTC

jboss and axis...

i've developed a web service client using axis 1.2  and got everything to work both standalone and from within a tomcat servlet.  i've now tried to deploy my code to jboss 3.2.3 and i get the following exception when calling my client code from within an ejb:  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/encoding/Deserializer.  i've tried putting all the required jars in all of the the jboss lib folders but with no luck.  any ideas?  thanks.

Re: jboss and axis...

Posted by Egor Pervuninski <pe...@quorus.ru>.
Hello,

## Cervi, Anthony (PCLN-NW) : Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:46:53 -0500

CA> i've developed a web service client using axis 1.2 and got
CA> everything to work both standalone and from within a tomcat
CA> servlet.  i've now tried to deploy my code to jboss 3.2.3 and i
CA> get the following exception when calling my client code from
CA> within an ejb: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
CA> org/apache/axis/encoding/Deserializer.  i've tried putting all
CA> the required jars in all of the the jboss lib folders but with no
CA> luck.  any ideas?  thanks.

I am not sure about JBoss, but when I worked with IBM WebSphere
it sometimes helped me to solve NoClassDefFoundError problem when
I put links to Axis jars into the MANIFEST.MF of appropriate EJB jar.
It looked like:

=== cut MANIFEST.MF ===
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: axis.jar