Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "ravi.4indra" <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/30 00:26:28 UTC

camel-cxf component is encoding(base64) by default

Hi ,

I am consuming the web service using the camel-cxf component. Below is how
the element defined in
wsdl.

<xs:element name="elementA"
ns1:expectedContentTypes="application/octet-stream" type="xs:base64Binary"
xmlns:ns1="http://www.w3.org/2005/05/xmlmime"/>

javaCode:
element A is encoded base64 String
DataHandler dataHandler = new DataHandler(elementA, "text/plain");

I am observing that camel-cxf component is encoding the encoded base64
String in SOAP request. Is this the default behaviour of camel-cxf component
? Is there a way I can stop camel-cxf from encoding as i want to pass in the
encoded Base64.

Any Help in Appreciated

Thanks
Ravi

Re: camel-cxf component is encoding(base64) by default

Posted by cgiera <ch...@mic-cust.com>.
Hi,

maybe someone will correct me, but I think thats not an issue of the
camel-cxf component.
Cxf uses jaxb as standard binding and jaxb has a standard schema to java
type mapping:

See the chapter "Schema-to-Java Mapping" of the following link:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19159-01/819-3669/bnazf/index.html

kind regards,
Christoph

Re: camel-cxf component is encoding(base64) by default

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Normally CXF interceptors can take care of the message marshalling (encoding base 64) and unmarshalling (decoding base 64) out of box.
But in camel-cxf we have some data formats which can help user deal with the low level message.
You can find more information about these data formats here[1]

[1]https://camel.apache.org/cxf.html

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.