Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Doc Schneider <ma...@maddoc.net> on 2007/01/24 20:38:36 UTC

dependency warnings

What causes these undefined dependency warnings when doing a --list -D

I found some and checked and they don't have a 0 score but do have a
-1.0 or -0.001 score for the meta rules. All the rules in the meta are
there and none of them are disabled by score 0.

I'd like to fix some of the SARE rules if I knew what was causing this
to happen. I suppose I should know but am having a brain-fart day (Good
day to do a whats new! HAR!)

--

  -Doc

  SA/SARE -- Ninja
    1:32pm  up 10 days, 22:30, 15 users,  load average: 1.15, 0.75, 0.64

  SARE HQ  http://www.rulesemporium.com/

Re: dependency warnings

Posted by Doc Schneider <ma...@maddoc.net>.
Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> Doc Schneider wrote:
>> What causes these undefined dependency warnings when doing a --list -D
>
> It means no rule with the name is question.  Causes include, typos in
> the rule name, the rule file not being loaded, or the rules being
> disabled by if version of ifplugin lines.
>

>> I found some and checked and they don't have a 0 score but do have a
>> -1.0 or -0.001 score for the meta rules. All the rules in the meta are
>> there and none of them are disabled by score 0.
>
> Rules disabled via a zero score cause info output that says it was
> caused by a zero'd score.
>

>> I'd like to fix some of the SARE rules if I knew what was causing this
>> to happen. I suppose I should know but am having a brain-fart day
>> (Good day to do a whats new! HAR!)
>
> Are the dependencies in the same file?  Is there a typo in the rule names?
>
> Are the dependencies in a different file?  Are the users who are
> reporting these missing dependencies using all the required files?
>

> Daryl

Ah the person is question who is having these is using a rules file
which I think is being over-ridden by a plugin. The ones I was checking
were all in one file too.
72_sare_redirect_post3.0.0.cf at the botton the RD "Redirector" ones.
--

  -Doc

  Penguins: Do it on the ice.
    2:12pm  up 10 days, 23:10, 15 users,  load average: 0.52, 0.54, 0.62

  SARE HQ  http://www.rulesemporium.com/

Re: dependency warnings

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.