Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Nithin Uppalapati (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)" <nu...@bloomberg.net> on 2018/08/23 19:47:43 UTC

Dynamic Change of Storm Parameters

Hi,

Which parameters in storm can be changed dynamically at runtime. Are all topology parameters configurable at runtime, without restarting the instances?

These are some of the properties am looking into:
topology.max.spout.pending
topology.backpressure.enable
topology.sleep.spout.wait.strategy.time.ms
topology.spout.wait.strategy
topology.disruptor.wait.timeout.millis
topology.disruptor.batch.timeout.millis
topology.disruptor.batch.size
topology.executor.receive.buffer.size
topology.executor.send.buffer.size
topology.transfer.buffer.size
supervisor.cpu.capacity
supervisor.memory.capacity.mb

Re: Dynamic Change of Storm Parameters

Posted by anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As per my understanding if the config's are in yaml file or in Java code
there is no way to update them on the fly(without restarting the topo).
But you can use Flux(
http://storm.apache.org/releases/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/flux.html) to create your
DAGs and then update the config parameters dynamically.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anshu Shukla