Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org> on 2022/07/28 15:54:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] Renaming of master branches to main?

Hi all,

I would like to get the community's opinion on renaming the "master"
branches for the TomEE related repositories to "main".

I see quite a few ASF projects (and other OSS projects) have made the
change and I personally think we should, too, for the same reason of
promoting inclusivity (see [1]).

I think we would need to update the target branch of the outstanding
PRs, update GitHub actions, update the Jenkins build config + local
checkouts. Anything else?

Thoughts?

Gruß
Richard

[1] https://sfconservancy.org/news/2020/jun/23/gitbranchname/

Re: [DISCUSS] Renaming of master branches to main?

Posted by "Wiesner, Martin" <ma...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
+1 for a transition to 'main'

—
https://twitter.com/mawiesne <https://twitter.com/mawiesne>

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Fully agree.

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.
Short update:

INFRA can do a bulk renaming. We only need to switch the CI checkouts
after INFRA-23570 is completed.

I will give an update after the renaming is done, so people can adjust
their local checkouts.

AW: [DISCUSS] Renaming of master branches to main?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1