Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rick Hightower <rh...@arc-mind.com> on 2006/06/26 18:03:59 UTC

Updgrading from MyFaces/Tomahawk 1.1.1 to MyFaces/Tomahawk 1.1.3

Recently while developing a project, an issue was found with Tomahawk's Tree
Table support. To rectify the issue, I downloaded the latest version of
Tomahawk and MyFaces to see if the issue went away (it did not). Along the
way, I ran into several road blocks to using Tomahawk 1.1.3.

These issues were not mentioned in the release notes.

To get Tomahawk to work correctly, new jar files are needed. However, said
jar files were not in the Maven ibilio repo so I changed the pom.xml to
point to the new repo as follows:

      <repositories>

            <repository>

                  <id>apache-repo</id>

                  <name>apache-repo</name>

<url>http://myfaces.zones.apache.org/dist/maven-repository</url>

            </repository>

            <repository>

                  <id>ibiblio</id>

                  <name>ibiblio</name>

                  <url>http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2</url>

            </repository>

      </repositories>

Here is the complete list of jar files that were needed:

            <dependency>

                  <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.core</groupId>

                  <artifactId>myfaces-impl</artifactId>

                  <version>1.1.3</version>

                  <scope>compile</scope>

                  <type>jar</type>

            </dependency>

            <dependency>

                  <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.core</groupId>

                  <artifactId>myfaces-api</artifactId>

                  <version>1.1.3</version>

                  <scope>compile</scope>

                  <type>jar</type>

            </dependency>

            <dependency>

                  <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk</groupId>

                  <artifactId>tomahawk</artifactId>

                  <version>1.1.3</version>

                  <scope>compile</scope>

                  <type>jar</type>

            </dependency>

In addition to the  needed a new jar, the support classes package structure
changed.

This necessitated two changes to web.xml as follows:

The filter class name changed:

<filter>

            <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-clas
s>

As did the Source code servlet class name as follows:

      <servlet>

            <servlet-name>SourceCodeServlet</servlet-name>

            <servlet-class>

org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.util.servlet.SourceCodeServlet

            </servlet-class>

      </servlet>

This is all I could think of that I changed.

Off topic:

I was able to hack the tree renderer to add extra style classes to the tree
so I could control the vertical alignment of the nodes.

http://www.jroller.com/page/RickHigh?entry=updgrading_from_myfaces_1_1