Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Samuel Bancal <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/12 11:00:50 UTC

[users@httpd] functionality in mod_logio

Hi all,

Please give us an advice :

We have worked until now with apache1.3. In the LogFormat instruction we
used the directive '%b' to know the exact amount of bytes sent to the
client. This in the aim to know whether if the user downloaded the file
completely or not.

We are now looking to go on with Apache2.2.
Unfortunately, after some tests, we realized that '%b' gives now the
size of the response (excluding Headers). So it will always give us the
size of the file downloaded, and not the amount of bytes that went to
the client.
After looking further, we found mod_logio, with the directive '%O'.
Which is great ... except that it includes the headers. So we can't know
exactly what is the amount of the file's bytes which were downloaded.

Do anyone know a way to get this information?
Do anyone know a way to add a new directive for bytes sent excluded headers?
Or should we post it to a wish list? Where?

Thanks for taking time for the response,
Best regards,

--
Samuel Bancal
University of Geneva