Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by tiffany <ti...@yahoo.ca> on 2007/06/07 20:34:29 UTC

Should I put all the data into one data file

Hi,

I have a question on using data files with Jmeter. Should I have a single or
multiple data files for a test case? Do multiple data files would cause
problem when my testcase has more than one thread(i.e. multi-threads)?

For example :

I have 3 data files to do a testcase like the following:

TestCase: 1. User login
               2. Modify the user tel no.
               3. logout

I have 3 datafiles as the following:
1. userURL.csv - contains user URL
2. userLogin.csv - contains user information to login
3. telno.csv - contains telephone number

Thanks,
  Tiffany

Re: Should I put all the data into one data file

Posted by tiffany <ti...@yahoo.ca>.
Thanks. I agreed too. I am putting them into one file.

Tiffany

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Agreed.

If you use separate files, then there is a danger that they will get
out of step.

Posted by Fr...@aphis.usda.gov.