Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Something Something <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/22 02:05:51 UTC

Maven?

Hello,

I would like to introduce Kafka into an existing application that uses
Maven.  I couldn't find a Maven repository.  I tried installing it to my
local repository as follows:

mvn install:install-file –Dfile=kafka-0.7.1.jar –DgroupId=org.apache.kafka
–DartifactId=kafka-core –Dversion=0.7.1-incubating -Dpackaging=jar
-DgeneratePom-true

But I keep getting this error message:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3.1:install-file
(default-cli) on project gurkha: The parameters 'file' for goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3.1:install-file are
missing or invalid -> [Help 1]

Needless to say, I am NOT  a Maven expert.  Can someone help me integrate
Kafka into an existing Maven project?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Maven?

Posted by Something Something <ma...@gmail.com>.