Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shantanu Sen <sd...@pacbell.net> on 2003/05/22 02:10:50 UTC

interfaces as params?

I have an interface as follows:

public interface MyOperation extends java.rmi.Remote {

public MyComplex testOperation(java.util.Map map,
                           MyDoc[] docs) throws
                     java.rmi.RemoteException;
}

where MyDoc is defined as:

public interface MyDoc {

public String getName();
public byte[] getBytes();

}

and MyComplex is a concrete class:

public class MyComplex implements Serializable
{
  Map header;
  MyDoc[] payload;
}

Can I  expose MyOperation as a service endpoint?

JAX-RPC states that there can be complex java classes
as a parameter/return type. But what about interfaces?
When I do a Java2WSDL, the MyDoc is written out as
xsd:anyType. But the WSDL2Java will not know how to
re-create the class from xsd:anyType right? Is there
any way I can provide a mapping between the interface
and a concrete class? If so how can I do that?

Is there any way we can have interfaces as method
parameters with AXIS using RPC?

Thanks,
Shantanu Sen