Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Daniel Varela Santoalla <dv...@ecmwf.int> on 2006/07/04 10:07:45 UTC

Re: Fetcher hanging temporarily on "deflateBytes" method

Hi Denis

I thought that the problem was in that method is because I saw with the
thread dumps and Eclipse's debugger that the thread was blocked there.
Were you seeing the same thing?

BTW, if I run the crawl in a Pentium IV machine, I see 0% CPU usage
during the "blocked time", but if I do it in an x86_64, I see 100%.
Interesting.

For me this is a very serious problem, because the indexing is taking
ages to finish. With java1.4 the problem is the same, I'm afraid.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

--

Daniel Varela Santoalla
European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF)