Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Ram Narayanan Sastry <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/08 05:17:49 UTC

Access Violation on the use of XPathEvaluator::initialize()

Hi,
I am trying to compile the sample SimpleXPathApi on Microsoft VC++ 6.0. My
operating system is XP Professional and the version of Xalan parser is
xalanc_1_10.
 While debugging I get a access violation on the call to
XPathEvaluator::initialize(). The code snippet looks like this:
 XALAN_USING_XALAN(XSLException)

try
{
XALAN_USING_XERCES(XMLPlatformUtils)

XALAN_USING_XALAN(XPathEvaluator)

XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();

XPathEvaluator::initialize();

}

catch(...)

{

}

 Am I missing something here or is it a bug? Can anyone please help me out
on this one?

Thanks and Regards,

Ram

Re: Access Violation on the use of XPathEvaluator::initialize()

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Ram Narayanan Sastry wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> As I mentioned, I am getting it in the XPathEvaluator::initialize(). I
> am putting the code snippet below:
>
>    XALAN_USING_XERCES(XMLPlatformUtils)
>
>    XALAN_USING_XALAN(XPathEvaluator)
>

>    XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();
>
>    XPathEvaluator::initialize();

> The access violation is coming in the last statement i.e.
> XPathEvaluator::initialize().

It doesn't make any sense that a function call would cause an access
violation. Are you sure it's not happening somewhere within
XPathEvaluator::initialize()?

Dave

Re: Access Violation on the use of XPathEvaluator::initialize()

Posted by Ivan Bogouchev / Иван Богушев <iv...@gmail.com>.
2005/11/10, Ram Narayanan Sastry <ra...@gmail.com>:
> Hi Dave,
> As I mentioned, I am getting it in the XPathEvaluator::initialize(). I am
> putting the code snippet below:
>
>    XALAN_USING_XERCES(XMLPlatformUtils)
>
>    XALAN_USING_XALAN(XPathEvaluator)
>

>    XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();
>
>    XPathEvaluator::initialize();

> The access violation is coming in the last statement i.e.
> XPathEvaluator::initialize().

Just in case, did you verify you are using the multithreaded version
of the runtime.
Once I was getting access violations on the
XmlPlatformUtils::Terminate() call because using the single threaded
version.

--
Ivan

Re: Access Violation on the use of XPathEvaluator::initialize()

Posted by Ram Narayanan Sastry <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,
As I mentioned, I am getting it in the XPathEvaluator::initialize(). I am
putting the code snippet below:

XALAN_USING_XERCES(XMLPlatformUtils)

XALAN_USING_XALAN(XPathEvaluator)

XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();

XPathEvaluator::initialize();
 The access violation is coming in the last statement i.e.
XPathEvaluator::initialize().
 Let me know if you have any further queries in this.
 Regards,
Ram

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.