Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Raul Benito <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/09 23:11:43 UTC

Xalan initialization changed.

Hi,
 I have just commit in CVS, some changes the way xalan is initialized
and used. Before this, xalan was initialized(register the FuncHere
function, etc...) at Init.init() and used to search the Elements to
sign/verify in IdResolver.
 Now, after the changes xalan is only initialized the first time used,
and I rework IdResolver in order not to use any xpath expression.

 I want to known, If someone experiments any performance change(either
increase or decrease) or any error with the changes. And this is
target for Scott if it is now possible to run xml-sec cvs in java 1.5
without xalan(not doing any xpath transformation of course).

Regards,

Raul

--
http://r-bg.com

RE: Xalan initialization changed.

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
> I need more info, can you compile with debug to see what concrete line
> is invoking the class forName. I don't find any reference in Init,
> some reference in XPath related transformations but that's normal.

It's line 216. The problem is probably that when it loads the classes for
the TransformAlgorithms in config.xml, it probably invokes some static
initialization somewhere that ends up inside the XPath utility classes that
build those function tables.

-- Scott

Re: Xalan initialization changed.

Posted by Raul Benito <ra...@gmail.com>.
I need more info, can you compile with debug to see what concrete line
is invoking the class forName. I don't find any reference in Init,
some reference in XPath related transformations but that's normal.

Regards,

p.s. I will try to have a little example to run on 1.5, but right now
If I change to 1.5 in eclipse it needs to recompile everything and the
tests have a lot of dependencies with xalan.

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
>  I want to known, If someone experiments any performance change(either
> increase or decrease) or any error with the changes. And this is
> target for Scott if it is now possible to run xml-sec cvs in java 1.5
> without xalan(not doing any xpath transformation of course).

Thanks, Raul, I will definitely give it a try. It's a big enough hassle that
we'll probably ship with the cvs build if it solves this particular problem.

-- Scott

RE: Xalan initialization changed.