Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Timothy Murphy <ga...@alice.it> on 2013/07/12 22:05:32 UTC

ok_languages

When I run spamassin --lint I get the response
---------------------------------
[tim@alfred ~]$ sudo spamassassin --lint
Jul 12 21:59:15.538 [19228] warn: config: failed to parse, now a plugin,
skipping, in "/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf": ok_languages en it fr de ga
---------------------------------
So where do I say now which languages I like?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Re: ok_languages

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Sat, 2013-07-13 at 00:35 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> On Friday, July 12, 2013 04:42:58 PM darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>
> > Sounds like you didn't load the plugin (in the right place).  There's some
> > related stuff on http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ImproveAccuracy
>
> I'm beginning to think I don't know what is meant to happen to spam
> in the CentOS-6 amavisd setup.
> Where does it finish up?

Wherever you've told amavisd to put it. Choices appear to be to
quarantine it or to mark it as spam and deliver it to the recipient. In
the latter case there would be an expectation that the recipient either
dealt with spam himself or had set up his MUA (or copy of procmail) to
recognise and deal with spam.

> The whole postfix/amavisd/clamav/spamassassin setup
> seems to me excessively complicated,
> and I suspect it has not been properly setup in CentOS-6.

IOW different installations have different requirements and so the mail
delivery chain on your site provides a lot of flexibility. However, this
comes at a price. You have to understand the possibilities it provides
and configure it to match your site's mail handling expectations.

I would agree that amavisd documentation is somewhat opaque because it
doesn't seem to contain a good overview of what it does and what options
it offers. If you didn't find this reference yet, see if it helps:
http://www.amavis.org/amavisd-new-docs.html

Martin

Re: ok_languages

Posted by Timothy Murphy <ga...@alice.it>.

Re: ok_languages

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Sat, 2013-07-13 at 00:45 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I assume that in CentOS-6 this means
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
> which is exactly where I have the ok_languages line.
>
> Why then does does "spamassassin --lint" complain
> ---------------------------------
> [tim@alfred ~]$ sudo spamassassin --lint
> Jul 12 21:59:15.538 [19228] warn: config: failed to parse, now a plugin,
> skipping, in "/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf": ok_languages en it fr de ga
> ---------------------------------

Have you told SA to load the textcat plugin?

I see you trying to understand where to put the "ok_languages"
statement, but can't tell whether you've provided a loadplugin statement
for the TextCat plugin. It must be loaded before SA can understand the
"ok_languages" statement.

Martin

Re: ok_languages

Posted by Timothy Murphy <ga...@alice.it>.
On Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:23:56 AM Axb wrote:

> in local.cf

I assume that in CentOS-6 this means
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
which is exactly where I have the ok_languages line.

Why then does does "spamassassin --lint" complain
---------------------------------
[tim@alfred ~]$ sudo spamassassin --lint
Jul 12 21:59:15.538 [19228] warn: config: failed to parse, now a plugin,
skipping, in "/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf": ok_languages en it fr de ga
---------------------------------

> ok_locales en
>
> this covers all Western European languages.

That is accepted by "spamassassin --lint".
But does it mean (if it works) that email in non-western european languages
will be rejected?

Is ok_languages no longer allowed?

Re: ok_languages

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.

Re: ok_languages

Posted by Timothy Murphy <ga...@alice.it>.
On Friday, July 12, 2013 04:42:58 PM darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> Sounds like you didn't load the plugin (in the right place).  There's some
> related stuff on http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ImproveAccuracy

Thanks for your response.

But in fact I do seem to have the required entry;
in /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre I have (by default)
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop
and some other similar entries.
I assume if these plugins did not exist I would get an error message.
Or is there some other plugin I have overlooked?

I see your document says the ok_languages line should be in
/etc/spamassassin/local.cf, which in my case is
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
where I do have the correct ok_languages line.

I've just re-started spamassassin and run spamassassin --lint again,
and I get the same answer,
which seems to suggest that ok_languages is not expected in this file.

I wonder if there is some confusion about the config setup in CentOS-6?

Re: ok_languages

Posted by Timothy Murphy <ga...@alice.it>.
On Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:44:18 AM Martin Gregorie wrote:

> > > Sounds like you didn't load the plugin (in the right place).  There's
> > > some
> > > related stuff on http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ImproveAccuracy
> >
> > I did look there but didn't find anything that helped me.
>
> Look at the 'ok_languages' entry again. The load plugin statement you
> want is about 4 lines above the 'ok_languages' example line.

Thanks very much.
I don't actually have the file local.pre in /etc/mail/spamassassin/ ,
but I appended
  loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat
to v310.pre in this directory, and now my setup passes
  spamassassin --lint

Unfortunately I don't think incoming email is passing through SpamAssassin,
but at least I've take one step on the way.

Re: ok_languages

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Sun, 2013-07-14 at 10:00 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> On Friday, July 12, 2013 04:42:58 PM darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> > Sounds like you didn't load the plugin (in the right place).  There's some
> > related stuff on http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ImproveAccuracy
>
> I did look there but didn't find anything that helped me.

Look at the 'ok_languages' entry again. The load plugin statement you
want is about 4 lines above the 'ok_languages' example line.

> What plugin are you using?

I'm not using ok_languages.

Martin

Re: ok_languages

Posted by Timothy Murphy <ga...@alice.it>.
On Friday, July 12, 2013 04:42:58 PM darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> Sounds like you didn't load the plugin (in the right place).  There's some
> related stuff on http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ImproveAccuracy

I did look there but didn't find anything that helped me.
What plugin are you using?
I seem to have a number of plugins loaded in /etc/Mail/spamassassin/v320.pre
(assuming that runs), eg
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop
Is there some way I can tell if these plugins are being loaded?

--

Posted by da...@chaosreigns.com.

On 07/12, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> When I run spamassin --lint I get the response
> ---------------------------------
> [tim@alfred ~]$ sudo spamassassin --lint
> Jul 12 21:59:15.538 [19228] warn: config: failed to parse, now a plugin,
> skipping, in "/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf": ok_languages en it fr de ga
> So where do I say now which languages I like?
>
> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
> School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland

--
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, then
he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet