Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Guy Doulberg <Gu...@conduit.com> on 2012/06/19 22:09:24 UTC

‏‏RE: Architecture Consulting

Hןi Tom,
Thanks for you replay,

Do in your implementation you have enrichment process?
If so, how do you perform the enrichment on each of the topics?

Thanks, Guy

‏‏מאת: Tim Lossen [tim@lossen.de]
‏‏נשלח: ‏‏יום שלישי 19 יוני 2012 18:53
‏‏אל: kafka-users@incubator.apache.org
‏‏נושא: Re: Architecture Consulting

well, we decided to go with one topic per game (approach 2),
as there are some consumers which are only interested in data
from a single topic. makes it a bit harder for consumers interested
in processing ALL events though.

not knowing more about your concrete situation, it is difficult
to decide what is better in your case.

cheers
tim

--
http://tim.lossen.de

Re: ‏‏RE: Architecture Consulting

Posted by Tim Lossen <ti...@lossen.de>.
no, we do not preprocess and republish the events, although we
have toyed with the idea. currently, all our consumers do their own
preprocessing (ip lookup etc.).

cheers
tim

--