Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Benjamin Marcel Flohr <Be...@tipp24.de> on 2004/10/27 15:09:20 UTC

ServiceLiveCycle Skelton Problem

Hi Aaron,

I remeber that I met you someday at the Axis User List.
No I was searching to solve a problem depending to the ServiceLiveCycle. And for that I found some entry in the web written by you:

Hi there. I am having trouble obtaining init params defined in the
wsdd for a particular service. I noticed I can implement
ServiceLifeCycle, however that does not work on the *SoapBindingImpl.
The Skeleton class must be manually edited. Once this is done,
init() is indeed called with a ServletEndpointContext, however Sun
must not have finished this job, because this is a rather useless
object, the most glaring omission being that - there is no API to
obtain init parameters!
Is there a specified way to obtain these parameters or do I just have
to ad-hoc throw them in the web.xml or in a properties file in the
classpath? (really, the whole concept of deployment configuration
becomes a real tedious hassle if you have to define things in several
different places and go through hoops just to get your service deployed)
Aaron Hamid
CIT/I&D
Cornell University

So we have the same problem, that we must edit the skeleton to delegate the init method to our impl.
Have you found a solution for this problem ?
Thanks for your help.

regards
Benjamin