Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Faraz Kohari <fk...@wxs.nl> on 2000/07/18 00:06:58 UTC

Validating an XML document against a DTD

Hi all,

I am attempting to write an XML interface to an application. This interface
will be validated against a DTD, however, since the source of the XML
document is unknown I need to make sure that the validation is done against
my own DTD. How do I make sure that the XML document does not contain
internal definitions that may be over riding my DTD?

In short I need to force validation of an XML document against my own DTD.

Is this possible, and how?

Thanks