Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Alessandro Forghieri <al...@orion.it> on 2001/11/28 15:58:38 UTC

OT: Converting a ASP request to CGI?

Greetings.
I realize this is an Off-Topic with serious flamage potential, so I'll keep
it very short.
Is anybody aware of any module capable of doing for the ASP environment what
Apache::Registry does for mod_perl? (i.e. making an asp request look and
feel as if it were an old plain  cgi-bin)

Cheers,
alf

Re: OT: Converting a ASP request to CGI?

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Alessandro Forghieri wrote:

> Greetings.
> I realize this is an Off-Topic with serious flamage potential, so I'll keep
> it very short.
> Is anybody aware of any module capable of doing for the ASP environment what
> Apache::Registry does for mod_perl? (i.e. making an asp request look and
> feel as if it were an old plain  cgi-bin)

If, you are talking about perl scripting ASP, then you can
run that under Apache::ASP, check out http://www.apache-asp.org

If you are talking about VBScript ASP, check out Chilisoft or
Halcyon's Instant ASP.

If you are talking about CGI scripts under Apache::ASP, just
wrap them with <% %> and they should work.

If something else, please clarify what you mean.

-- Josh

Re: OT: Converting a ASP request to CGI?

Posted by James Buchanan <gn...@ozemail.com.au>.
Write an ASP page which then calls a CGI script.

In file blah.asp:

Dim param1, param2
param1 = Request.QueryString("param1")
param2 = Request.QueryString("param2")

Response.Redirect "somewhere.cgi?param1=" & param1 & "&param2=" & param2

... and so on is one way to do it, if I understand what you are asking for.

:)

James