Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ben Mihailescu <be...@ece.mcgill.ca> on 2002/11/06 18:07:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Allowing CGI from a specific directory

Hi all!

I have apache 1.26 (Solaris) configured to allow running cgi scripts
from the
DocumentRoot/cgi-bin/ directory only. I would like to allow one of my
users to run cgis from his www directory. How would I go about it?
Here's the pertinent section of httpd.conf:

  #
     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/deptinfo/www"
     ScriptAlias /www/ "/home/tabot/www/"

     #
     # "/var/apache/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your
ScriptAliased
     # CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.
     #
     <Directory "/home/tabot/www/">
         AllowOverride All
         Options None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

My error_log entry looks like this:

[Wed Nov  6 11:57:27 2002] [error] [client 132.206.63.112] Options
ExecCGI is off in this directory: /home/tabot/www/ta_appl.cgi

Thanks for all the help!

Ben