Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by sanjayasing <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2003/06/23 07:10:13 UTC

wsdd handler flows

I am coding the wsdd components in axis c++. I would greatly appreciate it if
somebody could explain the following and how it is parsed.

In the wsdd file, that is generated when the stock example is deployed, in
axis java the following exists.

 <requestFlow name="checks">
 <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SimpleAuthenticationHandler"/>
 <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SimpleAuthorizationHandler"/>
 </requestFlow>

Further down this block of elements are there

 <service name="urn:xmltoday-delayed-quotes" provider="java:RPC">
 <requestFlow name="checks">
   <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SimpleAuthenticationHandler"/>
   <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SimpleAuthorizationHandler"/>
 </requestFlow>
 <parameter name="allowedRoles" value="user1,user2"/>
 <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="getQuote test"/>
 <parameter name="wsdlServicePort" value="GetQuote"/>
 <parameter name="className" value="samples.stock.StockQuoteService"/>
 </service>

could someone explain whether the requestFlow block from above is referred in
the service block against the name  "checks"? If so why have the the handler
definitions been redeclared in the service block? If such a reference is made
I guess it is not necessary to redefine the handlers.
thanks.

Lanka Software Foundation  (http://www.opensource.lk)
Promoting Open-Source Development in Sri Lanka.