Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by er...@swapsimple.com on 2005/10/31 03:29:18 UTC

c:import doesn't work with HEAD requests

	I've been trying to figure out why occasionally my webapp gets
"Premature end of file" errors when trying to parse an xml configuration
file using x:parse.  I finally figured out that it's not x:parse's fault
and the eof error is correct since the data it is getting fed ends up
being empty.
	This happens when a HEAD request is received, instead of a GET reqeust.
It appears that the c:import tag doesn't actually import the requested url
in that case!
	I created a minimal test case, which is attached.  The output in the
log (catalina.out) shows that when a GET is performed, the testit.xml file
is correctly read, but when a HEAD is performed the Reader object has no
data.
	I am using Tomcat 5.0.30 and JSTL 1.1.1.  I looked at the release notes
for 1.1.2 but none of the bug fixes seem to apply to this.
	Is there a bug for this already?  Is this perhaps a Tomcat bug?

eric