Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kenneth McDonald <ke...@sbcglobal.net> on 2010/10/17 18:50:46 UTC

How to push doc pages to github via maven?

Many of you will know me from the "Maven is a swamp" thread :-) I don't disagree with that, but I am willing to concede that maven can be used to do some very powerful thing--in the right hands. I fear, those hands are (not yet) mine.

Here is my problem. I have a library (an OO wrapping around regexes) which I think is pretty useful. I have it up in github, but of course for anyone to be convinced, they need to download it, build it, yada yada. A lot of work for a questionable payoff. I'm not going to attract a lot of converts that way.

However, I've also got a lot of documentation (and am always adding more) to show the benefits of the library. If I could get this out in front of people's noses, I might be able to attract more attention.

I would like to do this with maven and gh-pages, but have not got a clue where to start.

If you could recommend some reading, I'd be most appreciative. I'm not looking to have my hand held, just a reasonable starting point for this task.

Thanks,
Ken

Re: How to push doc pages to github via maven?

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
Did you look at the list archives?

And did you try http://khuxtable.github.com/wagon-gitsite/