Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gabriel David Guerrero Issa <ga...@mimecast.com> on 2009/04/12 22:10:01 UTC

maven.compile.classpath in 2.1.0 not using the classes folder in multiprojects

Hi All,

I moved from maven  2.0.10 to 2.1.0 , and I have a multiproject where
one of the modules has configured the antrun plugin to run GWT
HostedMode in debug mode, I execute the antrun:run from the root
directory , whereas in maven 2..0.10 use to put in the
maven.compile.classpath the classes folder of the other projects it
now points to the jar, this was useful for debuging because it allowed
reloading of classes for multi projects without restarting the the
app, now in maven 2.1.0 I have to restart the app for every change.

I think this was caused by the changes made for the issue http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2720
, I understand the reason of the change but I think the ability of
debugging multiple-projects in maven was also an important feature, I
dont know if it was taken in consideration when the issue was fix but
could I suggested to add a flag or something that enables the old way

Many Thanks
Gabriel

Gabriel Guerrero
Senior Developer

2 - 8 Balfe Street
Kings Cross,
London, N1 9EG

mobile +44 780 738 0639
tel: +44 (0) 207 843 2300
web www.mimecast.com

The information contained in this communication from gabriel@mimecast.com is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for use by users@maven.apache.org and others authorized to receive it. If you are not users@maven.apache.org you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Mimecast Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales with the company number 4698693 VAT No. GB 832 5179 29
Registered Office: 17 Heathman’s Road London, England, SW6 4TJ Email Address: info@mimecast.com

This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.
Mimecast delivers a complete managed email solution from a single web based platform.