Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org> on 2017/01/30 16:39:58 UTC

Windows PCH + debug regression in r1758061 and r1758092

Hi Don / others

As of r1758061 and/or 1758092, the 27/28 August 2016 patches that fixed a
major performance regression on Windows with precompiled headers [thank you
so much for that by the way :-)], building with debugging enabled broke.

In all versions after those commits, build any gbuild module that uses
precompiled headers (eg. main/formula) with "DEBUG=t make" from the module
directory (or use the --enable-debug configure switch for the whole build),
and it will break: the -Fd option that gets passed to the compiler lacks a
subsequent path. It appears that the $(PDBFILE) variable goes missing...

Can you please help?

Thank you
Damjan

Re: Windows PCH + debug regression in r1758061 and r1758092

Posted by Don Lewis <tr...@apache.org>.
On 30 Jan, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Hi Don / others
>
> As of r1758061 and/or 1758092, the 27/28 August 2016 patches that fixed a
> major performance regression on Windows with precompiled headers [thank you
> so much for that by the way :-)], building with debugging enabled broke.
>
> In all versions after those commits, build any gbuild module that uses
> precompiled headers (eg. main/formula) with "DEBUG=t make" from the module
> directory (or use the --enable-debug configure switch for the whole build),
> and it will break: the -Fd option that gets passed to the compiler lacks a
> subsequent path. It appears that the $(PDBFILE) variable goes missing...
>
> Can you please help?

The gbuild stuff is pretty inscrutable ...

After looking at the r1758092 changes to
main/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk, I wonder if the two instances of this
in solenv/gbuild/platform/windows.mk:

$(call gb_LinkTarget_get_target,$(2)) \
$(call gb_LinkTarget_get_headers_target,$(2)) : PDBFILE = $(call gb_LinkTarget_get_pdbfile,$(2))

should be:

$(call gb_LinkTarget_get_headers_target,$(2)) \
$(call gb_LinkTarget_get_target,$(2)) : PDBFILE = $(call gb_LinkTarget_get_pdbfile,$(2))